Consider the following when determining the provision of the toilets and showers you require:
Choose the type of unit that best suits your event:
- Standard, Corporate or Luxury
Determine number of units and the level of service required by considering the following:
- The duration of the event
- Expected audience, food and fluid consumption (especially alcohol)
- Promoter’s expectations in regards to bar and food revenue and the impact toilet use will have on these revenues
- Are there adequate provisions during intervals and breaks in performance?
- Are there event related temporary camp sites?
- Provision of suitable facilities for children, the elderly or infirm attending, who may take longer to use the facility
- Are facilities inside a fenced venue, or are they servicing a walk through event
- Expected weather conditions, temperature and shaded areas
- Non event areas such as back of house, production, car parking, transport hubs and security
- History of other events at this venue
- Do you require a DA from local government?
- Do you require a waste management plan?
- Existing amenities on site
- Water and sewer on site ( water pressure will fall during an event so will it be adequate)
- Access for waste trucks
- The venue’s waste management plan
Useful References – for large events review
- Mass Gathering Guidelines and the UK Health and Safety Executive
- Mass gathering pdf
Try our Planning Calculator which may help you estimate the facilities you need for your event.
Please call us if you need assistance – (02) 4626 5337 – or visit our contact page.